Thursday, January 29, 2015

THE BIG DECISION

THE BIG DECISION

I have a daughter. A cute, precious daughter that is sometimes adorably flighty and can't remember where she put her keys.



This was before the keys stage. Aww... so cute! playing with her cute soft stuffed dinosaurs because that is what princess girls do and the boys, her brothers, play with the big plastic ones that can trample anything and everything.

Alyssa senior1

But this is her now. Now I'm gonna cry...again. Sniffle..Where did the time go? I may or may not be a balling mess right now. No more cute soft dino baby. Nope. She is now a beautiful, lovely little lady. "Classy" that is the best way to describe her. She kind of reminds you of the women in the old classic movies you would sit and watch with your mom and grandma and laugh and cry. I'm talking about the ones with Doris Day, Aubrey Hepburn, Judy Garland, all of those classy movies with the classy ladies who were funny, stylish, and strong capable women, but still feminine in every way and proud of it. Yea, that pretty much describes my daughter. Classy.

senior pic standing
How did she go from this cute sweet, fit in my arms sweetie where I knew everything in her life from what she ate, pooped, and cried about. To this I've decided to make major decisions in my life and acting all adult like.
Miss Classy came to me one day I could tell she had been thinking a lot and she seemed to walk around the house with this quiet strength that I could tell this was something more on a deeper. We were preparing dinner one night and she was deep in thought and all of a sudden she said, "I have decided something." I didn't even know she was in the process of deciding anything! News to me. She said, "I've decided that I want to go on a mission." For those of you who may not be of my faith. The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints. You can go here to find out more about it. A mission for The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is something the young men and young women (and actually any retired person or couple as well) go and serve from 18 months to 2 years. They are assigned all over the world. You don't really "pick" where you want to serve. We believe it's assigned to you through prayer and divine direction.
Miss Classy tells me she wants to go an a mission! This is a BIG DECISION! A LIFE CHANGING DECISION. Of course we were all ecstatic for her and will support her but WOW. Anyone who knows her knows she has a strong, quiet spirit about her and seems to have been 'born' with a testimony. It shines through her eyes and in who she is. She loves the Lord and the happiness it brings and she wants to share in the happiness. So,  now we have finished all her paper work and ready for the next step. The Bishop's interview where he will review everything and will decide to send it on to the Stake President who then submits the papers to Salt Lake City.

IMG_0729

here she is off to go see the bishop (sorry this is a blurry picture, my camera battery was dead so I had to use my phone) who happens to be her dad, for her final interview and then we wait.... and wait... the waiting is the hard part. We wait for her call to come in the mail. It usually takes about two weeks but it could take a lot longer. You just never know. Next her call! I Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com