Thursday, January 29, 2015

HAPPY 2015 and my ONE WORD GOAL

HAPPY 2015!! everyone! I hope it ends up being your year!

this post is going to tell you what I do every year in setting goals and my one word goal.

 Earl-Nightingale-on-Goals.jpg


So, my friends, can I call you that? friends? we haven't officially meet yet and I'm just getting to know you out there but I think we can call each other friends... friends, don't be afraid to set goals and go after what you want, and becoming a better you while you do it. It's a new year! A time for new goals to be set, and resolutions to be made. I'm glad we have a new year. Have you ever wondered how the tradition of setting goals for the new year came about?  Me too! Maybe I'll look that up... or not...haha...

I like this quote above. it's simple. It's true.

What are your changes for this year? it's good to take time to self reflect and evaluate ones self. In the right way of course and kindly. Not to harsh. Some times we can be to hard on ourselves. Self reflection  makes us better people. It helps us remember who we want to be and to be closer to who God intended us to be, at least I think. Setting new goals or desires that we want to achieve is good thing.

So, How do YOU set goals for the new year?

BREAK DOWN YOUR SHORT TERM GOALS:
















For me, I like to pick one word that I can focus on through out the year. It can be anything. Anything  I want to change, or do, or be more of. For example picking words like: faith, courage, health, fitness, focus, organized, listener, talents, dependability or gratitude.

Here let me 'esplain what I mean.... no, to much let me a sum up...( I love that movie) so let me explain what I mean. For instance if I feel I want to become a more gracious and thankful person. I'll pick the word gratitude for that year and spend my energies, as much as a mom can, you know we can get pretty busy and wrapped up in the mommy world, and I try to focus more on becoming a more gracious and grateful person. I will pick something that I can do, for instance, keeping a gratitude journal and writing in it everyday. Just one thing. once a day. Or, I'll read a book about gratitude, find quotes and post them around. I'll read talks, thoughts, other people's insights on gratitude. I'll talk to someone I admire who I feel exhibits graciousness and gratitude and I will try to emulate that, or talk to  them and get to know them and ask them questions about gratitude and get to know who they are and see how they have become a more gracious and grateful person.

For me the one memorable lesson I learned when I picked gratitude is that having gratitude makes what I have into enough... A very important lesson I needed to learn for those trying times that came when we felt like we had nothing, a car, a kitchen! that was a hard one.. haha.. but it made me a better person, a grateful person. It also helped me see all the blessings I was recieving because I was being grateful and grumpy and feeling sorry for myself and complaining. I noticed I didn't complain nearly as much and I started to become more positive and a happier person.

For me the new year means adding to me. Not that I don't like me. I like to look at it as adding to becoming a better me. I'm sure I wasn't an ungrateful little snot who was honery and expected all sorts of things when I chose gratitude for my word that year, but, I knew I needed to become a more gracious and grateful person because I had hard time focusing on my blessings and I didn't want to be a person like that. I know if you make it a matter of prayer between you and the Lord he knows whats best. And I KNOW he is in the little details in our lives and that He knows what is in-store for you and me in the coming year.  He would best know what I need to focus on so I try to include him in my goal deciding. He is going to be with me through out the year we might as well do it together right? :)

I'm excited for the new year. It always brings in new hope.

So, my friends, if your still reading this I can definitely say we are friends! Remember, don't be afraid to set those goals and go after what you want, and become a better you while you do it.  Whether it's being a more gracious person, more organized, increasing your faith, opening that new store, starting a blog or getting more fit. Everyone needs to change something in their life not that you are not a great person already! you are! YOU ARE AWESOME! always! but working toward being something more just adds to the wonderful you and the gifts and talents you already have so....go....go away... go reed some books! (love that movie too!) So..  go! conquer! and become a better you! Happy New Year! I hope it's your year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com